Newforma Mobile Apps
Newforma® mobile apps put project information at your fingertips where you need it, even when you are in the field. Use your Newforma ID to logon to your mobile apps to easily access your project data.
This topic contains the following sections:
Plans for iPad.
Access, mark up and share the most current project record documents.
Capture, track, and log project photos, video, and audio.
Quick access to company and contact information for all your project teams.
Newforma mobile apps can help you in the following ways:
● Streamline the capture and verification of site information.
● Easy access to project documents while you are away from the office.
● Bring your team information with you into the field.
● Leverage mobile technologies to ease the process of gathering site data.
The data between the mobile app and the Newforma servers synchronize wirelessly over Wi-Fi or cellular broadband connections. Everything works together to reduce the chances of mistakes and expedite project delivery.
Register your Newforma ID and manage your projects using my.newforma.com. Registration is free; you only need a valid email address. Once you register, you can manage the list of projects linked to your Newforma ID account, update your subscriptions for your mobile apps, and update your Newforma ID profile.
You can download the apps from the Apple App Store or from Google Play. Search for Newforma to see the available apps.
Click the appropriate image below to download an app:
Before users begin using the Newforma Mobile apps at a jobsite, an administrator must complete the actions listed below to ensure the best success with the apps.
To set up Project Center to allow data access from the mobile apps
The procedure must be completed by a Newforma administrator or project administrator.
1. Add users to the project team and grant them access to Info Exchange. Please refer to this topic to add a new project team member: Add a New Project Team Member.
2. Open the Project Center Administration activity center in Newforma Project Center.
3. In the Permission Sets tab, select the permission set you want to update; in most cases this is the Internal User and External User.
4. Click Modify to open the Modify Permission Definitions for Set "External User" dialog box, as shown below.
5. In the Activity Center Name column, select the activity center corresponding to the mobile app, as illustrated here:
● The Newforma Field Notes mobile app uses the Field Notes activity center.
● The Newforma Plans mobile app uses the Record Documents activity center.
● The Project Teams mobile app does not require any additional access settings.
In this example we will use Field Notes.
6. Click Modify
to open the Modify
Permission Definition dialog box , as shown
7. In the Visibility section, select the desired option to control the amount of field notes items displayed for the user.
8. In the Edit Permissions section, mark the checkboxes to allow users the desired access to create, edit, or delete Items on a field device, as seen above.
The Edit Permissions
options differ for the mobile apps. See the following list for the options
that are available in each app:
- Newforma Field Notes: Create, Edit, and Admin.
- Newforma Plans - Show All.
9. Click OK twice to close the dialog boxes.
10. Click Save Changes to apply the settings.
11. Repeat these steps to update other permission sets – if needed.
For the user
Click these links to go to the sections below:
When you first launch a mobile app, create a Newforma ID from the login screen. The Newforma ID is used to logon to the mobile apps, Info Exchange, or Newforma Project Cloud.
1. If you are not already there, go to the Apple App Store from your iPad or iPhone and search for Newforma to find the mobile apps that are available for iOS devices.
The installation process is the same for all Newforma mobile apps in the Apple App Store.
2. Tap the desired app to view the details, tap Free, then tap Install App to download and install the app.
3. If prompted, provide your Apple ID password.
4. Once the installation is complete, tap the app shortcut to open the mobile app.
Perform the following steps from your Android device to install a Newforma mobile app.
1. If you are not already there, go to the Google Play Store from your tablet or smartphone and search for Newforma to find the mobile apps available for your device.
The installation process is the same for all Newforma mobile apps in the Google Play Store.
2. Tap the desired app to view the details, then tap Install to download and install the app. When prompted, tap Accept & Download to continue the installation.
3. Once the installation is complete, tap the app shortcut to open the mobile app.
Perform the following steps to create a Newforma ID from a mobile app.
In this example, we will use Newforma Plans. Follow the same steps for other mobile apps.
1. On the login page of the mobile app, tap Create a Newforma ID.
2. In the Welcome dialog box, shown below, enter your email address, first name, and last name in the corresponding fields. Tap Create, then tap Continue to create the Newforma ID. A notification dialog box confirms the account was created and an email containing your password is sent to the email address you provided. Tap OK to close the dialog box.
3. Login to the mobile app using your email address and the Newforma ID password provided by Newforma.
Project Center users are prompted to provide their domain login information on the first launch of the mobile app.
To get started, launch the mobile app and log into it using your Newforma ID. All projects linked to your Newforma ID will sync to your device.
If the company you are searching for is not in the list, notify your contact at the company that is hosting the project on their Info Exchange website. Ask them to alert their Newforma Project Center administrator about the problem. Common causes of this issue:
● The incorrect version of Newforma is installed. The mobile apps work with Newforma Tenth edition and up.
● Ensure a license file for Newforma Eleventh edition that enables Newforma ID is installed. For more information, refer to the Configure Cloud Delivery on Info Exchange.
Table of Contents
Search (English only)