Construction Change Directives (CCD) Overview
Also known as Construction Change Authorization or Interim Directed Change.
A Construction Change Directive (CCD) is a written order generated by the designer directing a change in the project and stating a proposed basis for adjustment, if any, to the contract sum or contract time. Issuance of a CCD orders changes in the work within the general scope of the contract, consisting of additions, deletions, or other revisions, the contract sum and contract time being adjusted accordingly, without invalidating the contract. CCDs authorize the contractor to make changes that affect the cost and/or schedule of a project. They are used when:
Changes are needed, but the parties don’t have the time to prepare the change order proposal and complete the review process;
Changes are necessary, but the value can’t be determined until a later date;
The owner gives permission for the contractor to proceed and determine cost/schedule impacts at a later time.
Changes may be a result of:
Recognition of error/omission;
Reviewing agency request;
Request for substitution.
Use the Construction Change Directives activity center to:
● Enter CCDs into the log either by:
● Creating the CCDs if you originate them;
● Logging a received CCD if it was sent to you.
● Manage the CCD log:
● Sort the log by due date, received date, total days, etc.;
● Quickly see which CCDs require attention;
● Create CCD reports.
● Record responses to CCDs;
● If you review CCDs, respond to the CCD author;
● Set project standards and create email/form templates to conform to your existing practice;
● Receive automatic reminders for CCD reviews that are nearing their due date;
● Send CCD information to team members at any time during the cycle;
● Associate email messages and supporting documents with a CCD (similar to submittals);
● Sort and track CCDs by discipline and keywords;
Construction change directives have an Email Log for tracking email messages. Use it to view related email and file email messages sent among team members about the CCDs.
Info Exchange support
CCDs can be reviewed and sent electronically through email or Info Exchange. Within Info Exchange, external project team members can review CCDs that were forwarded to them for a review and reference CCDs that were sent in the log. Internal project team members can review and track CCDs using the full CCD log in Info Exchange, enabling them to track the CCD process via the web from any location.
Project Center users viewing the CCD log in Info Exchange will see the full log and all the associated actions. Users logging into Info Exchange who are not Project Center users will only see the actions on which they are listed. These settings can be changed in the Groups and Info Exchange tab of the Modify Project Team Member dialog box.
Table of Contents
Search (English only)