Change Order Proposals Overview
1 Also known as Change Estimates, Potential Change Orders, or Change Order Requests.
Change order proposals (COPs) are the contractor’s response to a proposed change in contract sum, contract time, or requirements (outside of the scope of a contract and/or the provisions of its changes clause) in response to a proposal request or a construction change directive. The COP contains an itemized breakdown of cost/time changes to a contract.
Typical workflow for a COP is:
● A contractor generates the COP;
● The architect reviews and advises the owner;
● The architect can accept or reject the COP. Rejection may occur if all items in the proposal request are not covered;
● Once the COP is approved, a change order is issued.
1 A COP can have revisions to capture the final agreed to modifications for the contract sum and contract time.
Use the COPs activity center to:
● Enter COPs into the log either by:
● Creating the COPs if you originate them;
● Logging a received COP if it was sent to you;
● Use the COP Status field in the related proposal request and construction change directive to track the status of the COP to easily track changes in the contract sum and contract time to completion.
● Manage the COP log:
● Sort the log by due date, received date, total days, etc.;
● Quickly see which COPs require attention;
● Create COP reports.
● Record responses to COPs;
● If you review COPs, send the recommendation for the COP;
● Set project standards and create email/form templates to conform to your existing practice;
● Receive automatic reminders for COP reviews that are nearing their due date;
● Send COP information to team members at any time during the cycle;
● Associate email messages and supporting documents with a COP (similar to submittals);
● Sort and track COPs by discipline and keywords.
COPs have an Email Log for tracking email messages. Use it to view related email and file email messages sent among team members about the COPs.
Info Exchange support
COPs can be reviewed and sent electronically through email or Info Exchange. Within Info Exchange, external project team members can send COPs and review COPs that were forwarded to them for a review and reference COPs that were responded to in the log. Internal project team members can review and track COPs using the full COP log in Info Exchange, enabling them to track the COP process via the web from any location.
1 Project Center users viewing the COP log in Info Exchange will see the full log and all the associated actions. Users logging into Info Exchange who are not Project Center users will only see the actions on which they are listed. These settings can be changed in the Groups and Info Exchange tab of the Modify Project Team Member dialog box.