Add Contact dialog box
Contact Information tab
Enter the contact's email address.
First Name/Last Name
Enter the contact's first and last names in the respective fields.
Click to open the Choose Disciplines dialog box to select disciplines for this contact.
Enter the contact's job title.
Enter the name of the contact's department.
Click to open the Choose Roles dialog box to assign the roles the contact performs.
Click to open the Select a Culture dialog box to set the language for any notifications that are sent to the contact that are not project-specific, such as Info Exchange account notifications and password reset instructions.
Click to open the Choose Company dialog box to select the contact's company.
Click to open the Modify Company dialog box to view the listed company's information.
Click the drop-down list to select the contact's office location.
Enter the contact's work, mobile, home, and fax numbers.
Show in Contact Lists
Mark this checkbox to list this contact in contact dialog boxes and contact lists throughout Project Center. All users will be able to see this contact.
If this checkbox is not checked, the following occurs:
Users with Content Administrator and Global Administrator roles will still have full access to the contact's information, but for Professional users:
● The contact will still appear in Project Manager, Principal in Charge, and Main Contact fields and columns in projects.
● The contact will still appear in the Project Team activity center.
● The contact will appear in Main Contact fields in company dialog boxes..
● The contact will appear in Send To/From/To/ Forwarded to/Due Back from/etc. fields for project items throughout Project Center.
● The contact will not appear in the Contacts tab of the Newforma Contact Directory.
● The contact will not appear in Browse Company Contacts dialog box from the Contact Directory.
● The contact will not appear in the Select Project Team Members from Companies dialog box or the Choose New Team Members from Global Contact List dialog box.
Select Active if this contact is an active Project Center user.
Select Inactive to inactivate this user. When you make users inactive, they cannot log into Info Exchange, and they do not appear in project teams. If the users are reactivated, they will reappear in project team lists.
Select whether the contact was added Manually, from the Microsoft Exchange Global Address List, or from another list.
If the source is the Global Address List, the fields in this dialog box are read-only and cannot be edited.
Use Office Address
Mark this checkbox to use the information from the office selected in the Office Location field.
Click to copy the information in the address fields to the clipboard.
Click to open the address in Google Maps.
Enter the contact's address.
Enter the contact's city.
Enter the contact's state/province.
Enter the contact's zip code.
Enter the contact's country.
Click to open the Choose Address Type dialog box to choose the location's type.
Contact Notes tab
Use this tab to add comments and notes about the contact.
Click to open the Add Comment dialog box to add comments about the contact, which you can relate to a project.
Click to open the Modify Comment dialog box to edit comments.
Click to delete the selected comment.
The date and time the comments were entered.
The author of the comments.
The project the comments are related to, if any.
Enter any additional notes about the contact in this section.
Custom Fields tab
This tab will appear if there is a custom field layout defined for contacts. This tab lists any additional fields that were created for the custom layout.
Change Log tab
This tab lists any changes made to this contact's information.
To access this dialog box
You can access this dialog box in the following ways:
● Click Add Contact from the Tasks panel of the Newforma Contact Directory.
Table of Contents
Search (English only)