Generate Form Letter dialog box
Form letters are created in the Add Form Letter dialog box.
Step 1: Choose Contacts, Field Values, and Output Options
In step 1, choose the contacts to include in the form letter, and set the output and email settings, as shown here:
Click the icon to open the Choose Contacts dialog box to select contacts to add to the form letter.
Form Letter Instructions
The instructions from the Add Form Letter dialog box (if any were added) appear here.
The fields added in the Add Form Letter dialog box appear here, so they will be different for every form. You can add data to each field depending on its type.
Set the form letter's output parameters.
Select the type of output to create - a Microsoft Word document, a PDF document, or an email message.
If you select Email Message, the following two fields will not appear.
Enter a name for the file that will be created based on the output type selected.
Save Copy in
If you want to save a copy of the file in the format you selected above, mark the checkbox and click the button to locate and select the folder in which to save it.
Set the email options.
● Select Do not Send as Attachment to only open the form letter. An email message will not be created.
● Select Attach to Draft Email Message to attach the form letter as an attachment to a draft email message which will open so you can edit it before sending it.
● Select Attach and Send Email Message to attach the form letter as an attachment to an email message and send the email message without opening it.
This field will appear only if you selected Email Message in the Format field above.
● Select Create Draft Email Message to create the form letter in a draft email message which will open so you can edit it before sending it.
● Select Send Email Message to create the form letter in an email message and send the email message without opening it.
Enter a subject for the email message.
Click to open the Choose Project Team Members dialog box to select other contacts to send the email message to.
Click to go to step 2.
Step 2: Preview Actions
In step 2, you can preview the actions that you selected in step 1. In this example, the available actions are Create PDF Document and Attach to Draft Email Message. However, the actions will be different depending on the actions selected in step 1 above.
The name of the actions selected in step 1.
The details entered for the actions selected in step 1 appear here.
Click to preview the selected action. The document that opens depends on the action selected. For example, If you select Create PDF Document, a PDF file will open containing the form letter with the fields filled in for the contacts selected, any project information selected, and any additional fields entered.
Click to generate the form letter. The actions taken depend on the settings entered in the Output and Email Options sections in step 1.
To access this dialog box
You can access this dialog box in the following ways:
● Select a form letter and then click OK from the Select Form Letter Template dialog box.
Table of Contents
Search (English only)