Download a Pending Incoming File Transfer
Perform the following steps to download and save a pending incoming file transfer.
To download and save a pending incoming file transfer
2. Select All Incoming from the drop-down selector.
3. Select the Pending Incoming Transfer file transfer that you want to download.
4. Click Receive Pending File Transfer from the Tasks panel to open the Receive Pending Transfer dialog box, as shown here:
If the Automatically Download Incoming Transfers option is selected in the Info Exchange tab of the Edit Project settings dialog box, the Acknowledge Receipt task appears instead of the Receive Pending File Transfer task. Click it to acknowledge the transfer.
If the file transfer was sent from an internal project team member via the web, a message appears asking if you want to record the transfer as an outgoing file transfer. Click No to be able to file an incoming transmittal for the transfer.
5. In the A Record Copy (ZIP File Format) Will be Saved in the Following Project Folder field, click if you want to change the location where the record copy of the file transfer will be saved. (The default location is defined in the Edit Project Settings dialog box.)
6. Choose the Transfer Right Now Using this Project Center Client option.
7. Choose the Just Transfer the File Content option from the Next Action drop-down list and click OK to download the file transfer to the project.
8. If any internal project team members are subscribed to the contact who posted the files to Info Exchange, the Incoming File Transfer Notification dialog box opens so you can select the members to notify about this file transfer. Select the internal project team members that you want to send a notification to regarding this file transfer, then click OK. If you do not want to send a notification to anyone, click Skip Notification.
To subscribe to external team members and groups that you want to receive an email notification from when they transfer files, transmittals, RFIs, and submittals to your Info Exchange Server, see the Subscribe to External Communication dialog box.
Once the file transfer is downloaded, it is listed as a Received Transfer in the All Incoming log of the Info Exchange activity center, and the record copy is saved to the designated folder.
Expiration dates on file transfers uploaded to Info Exchange are not set until the record copy is created in a project folder, which occurs either when the recipient manually receives the transfers in Project Center or when the Project Center Server automatically downloads the file transfers (if the automatic download option is enabled).
Table of Contents
Search (English only)