Forward a Contract Management Item for Review
When tracking contract management items in Project Center, you can forward items you received to other contacts to review. Perform the following steps to forward a contract managementRFIs; submittals; contracts; change orders; change order proposals; addendums; supplemental instructions; bulletins; construction change directives; proposal requests; sketches and supplemental drawings. item. This procedure will use a change order proposal as the example.
To forward a contract management item
1. If you are not already there, open the relevant contract management activity center from the Project Home activity center or from the Activities list. (For this example, we will use the Change Order Proposal activity center, so you would click Change Order Proposals.)
2. Select the item you are forwarding from either the Under Review, Draft, or Response Overdue categories.
3. Click Forward for Review from the Tasks panel to open the contract management item's Forward for Review dialog box (the change order proposal version is shown here). Project Center automatically fills in the information from the original item.
If the original item has any files associated with it, the Select Files to Forward for Review dialog box will open first. Select the files you want to forward with the item. Any supporting documents included in any related project items are included in the list.
5. Click the Purpose drop-down list and select the reason you are forwarding the item.
6. Click the Send Via drop-down list and select the method in which you are forwarding this item.
7. Enter any additional messages in the Remarks tab.
8. To include any additional files with the item, add them by clicking the Files to Send tab, then click the icon. Navigate through the folders until you locate the file, then click Open. Repeat as necessary until you have added all the necessary files.
9. Modify any other information as necessary.
10. The Save Record Copy in field (in the Files to Send tab) contains a default location in which a record copy of the item's files will be saved. You can change the location by clicking the icon.
11. Click Forward at the bottom of the dialog box. The events that occur next depend on how the item is being forwarded.
Via Info Exchange - The Transfer to Info Exchange Options dialog box opens. Edit the settings for the file transfer, including who can access it and reminder settings, and transfer it to your Newforma Info Exchange Server.
The Forwarded item is logged in the All Outgoing log of the Info Exchange activity center.
The Forwarded action is added to the item's Change Log tab.
The transmittal is filed in the All Sent log of the Project Transmittals activity center.
Via email - An email message opens in Microsoft Outlook containing information about the item and its files in a .ZIP file. Edit the message, then send it. The Forwarded action will be added to the item's Change Log tab, and the transmittal is filed in the All Sent log of the Project Transmittals activity center.
Via hard copy - The transmittal is filed in the All Sent log of the Project Transmittals activity center. The Forwarded action is added to the item's Change Log tab.
Table of Contents
Search (English only)