Welcome to Newforma Capture for iOS
This Help system contains the following sections:
The images in this Help system are based on an iPad. Images from an iPhone may look slightly different.
With the Newforma Capture app for your iOS device, you're always ready to create new project items on the job site supplemented by photos. Using the Newforma Capture app, you can:
● Ensure your project team has access to project items immediately.
When you create a new project item and upload it, it is automatically added to the project you selected and its corresponding activity center (the Action Items, Field Notes, or Punch Lists activity center) in both Newforma Info Exchange and Newforma Project Center (or Newforma ConstructEx), and is immediately available in both. Project Center and Info Exchange users can then view and edit the items (based on their permissions).
After you upload items from the Capture app, the items are automatically removed from the app and are then only available in Project Center and Info Exchange, or Newforma ConstructEx.
If you only want to edit existing project items, use Newforma Tasks.
If a project is not in the list of projects, notify your contact at the company that is hosting the project on their Info Exchange website. Ask them to alert their Newforma Project Center administrator. This may occur for the following reasons:
● If a single project is missing for a specific company, you may not have Info Exchange access to the specific project.
● If all projects are missing for a specific company, it is likely the customer has not installed a Newforma Project Center Twelfth Edition license that enables Newforma ID. If the company is not available as a connection, contact the Newforma administrator for the company hosting the projects on Newforma Info Exchange to install an Twelfth Edition license.
Free accounts can only use one project at a time. Upgrade or remove the project to add another project.
Tap Upgrade to acquire unlimited project usage in all mobile apps.
If you work with other companies and projects on different Info Exchange sites, you will be prompted to provide your credentials for your other Info Exchange accounts at the time you add the project.
1. Before launching Capture,
you can configure how it starts. In Settings,
select whether Capture always
starts in camera mode (on), or by selecting a project and choosing how
to log an item (off, which is the default) as shown here:
2. Launch the Capture app and login using your Newforma ID.
3. From the main screen, tap (which is next to Items to Upload in the upper left) to begin capturing a new project item. You have three options for capturing and logging an item:
1. From the New Item panel, tap to launch the camera on your device.
2. Take the photo. The photo is attached to the item, as shown here:
3. Tap Select a Project to open the Change Type panel to select the project and the type of item to create, as shown here:
If you previously entered an item, the new item type defaults to the previously entered item's project and type. In this case you would tap the area listing the item type (such as Field Note) instead of Select a Project to change the project and type, as shown here:
4. Tap the project to which you want to add the new item. The Change Type panel now shows the name of the selected project and the available project item types for that project, as shown here:
Non-compliance is a type of punch list and if selected, would be added to the Punch Lists activity center.
5. Tap the type of item you want to create. For this example we'll create an action item, as shown in this example:
6. Tap the fields to which you want to add information.
7. Tap Save to add the new item to the Items to Upload list in the main Capture panel, as shown here:
8. To upload the new item immediately to Project Center and Info Exchange, tap next to the item.
After you upload an item, it is removed from the Capture app and can no longer be accessed from it. You can wait until you are finished adding items and then click Upload All to upload them all at once.
1. Start with the To start using Capture section above.
2. From the New Item panel, tap to open the Photos panel, as shown here, which displays your photos.
3. Tap an image to attach it to the new item.
4. Perform the steps in the previous section above starting with step 3.
1. Start with the To start using Capture section above.
2. Perform the steps in the To create an item from a new photo section above starting with step 3 (skip the photo steps).
1. To view an item, tap the one you want to view from the list under Items to Upload to open its Edit Item panel to view and edit its details, as shown here:
2. Tap any of the fields you wish to edit and make your changes.
3. Tap any of the buttons at the bottom of the panel, as shown here, to email the item or add additional photos to it.
4. To remove a photo, long press its icon and tap Remove Media, as shown here:
From the Items to Upload panel, tap the desired project item, then tap to open a new email message. Enter any details pertaining to the item and tap Send to send the message to another contact. The email message will contain the details of the item and any photos.
Slide the item to the left to enable the Delete option, then tap it, as shown in this example:
From the bottom of the Items to Upload panel, tap Upload All. The items will be removed from the Capture app once they are uploaded.
Refer to Common Questions.
If you cannot find the information you need in this Help system, use the following links for more information:
● Click https://customercommunity.newforma.com/s/ to access the Newforma Customer Community.
● Click here to access Newforma video tutorials.
● For technical questions or problems, please contact Newforma Customer Support, or visit the Contact Support section of the Customer Community.
Table of Contents