Welcome to Newforma Project Email for iOS
This topic contains the following sections:
The images in this Help system are based on an iPad. The iPhone version may look slightly different.
Use the Newforma Project Email mobile app on your iOS device for quick and easy access to your Newforma Project Center project email messages. Newforma Project Email gives you mobile access to all email messages for all of the projects on which you are a member, as well as access to fellow project team members.
● Email project team members with ease.
● Access current team and project information.
● Access existing project email messages for the projects on which you are a member.
● Integrate with Newforma Project Center and Info Exchange for project team communications.
● Use search capabilities to streamline email navigation.
Project email must be available on Newforma Info Exchange to for the mobile app to work.
Newforma Project Email can automatically add projects for you if you have already added connections to your Newforma ID. For more information, please refer to Add a Connection to Newforma ID.
If the company is not available as a connection, contact the Newforma administrator for the company hosting the projects on Newforma Info Exchange to install an Eleventh Edition license that enables Newforma ID access. If a single project is missing for a specific company, you may not have Info Exchange access to the specific project.
If you work with other companies and projects on different Info Exchange sites, you will be prompted to provide your credentials for your other Info Exchange accounts at the time you add the project.
1. Login to Newforma Project Email using your Newforma ID.
2. Tap from the Projects
panel to open the Find Projects by Company
panel, as shown here, to locate and add a project.
3. In the search field, start typing the name of the company hosting the projects on Info Exchange on which you are a member of the project team. The list will update automatically as you type.
4. Tap the name of the company under Search Results.
5. Sign into the company using your login information for this project, then tap Connect. The list of projects for that company will now be listed in the Projects panel.
If the company you are searching for is not in the list, notify your contact at the company that is hosting the project on their Info Exchange website. Ask them to alert their Newforma Project Center administrator.
the Projects panel (shown here),
locate and tap the project from which you want to access email messages.
Make sure All is selected at the
bottom of the list.
2. The list of messages opens, as shown here. Tap the message you want to open.
Newforma Project Email initially displays only the fifty most recent email messages for the selected project. To display more messages, scroll to the bottom of the list to access the next fifty messages, and so forth.
3. Tap any attachments to download them and tap again to open them.
4. In portrait mode, slide from the left to the right to return to the list of messages.
From the list of messages (shown above), tap To Me at the bottom of the list, as shown here:
From the list of messages (shown above), tap Pinned at the bottom of the list, as shown here:
By default, email messages are automatically removed from your device after seven days. Pinning an email message downloads it to your mobile device; it will not be removed after seven days. Any attachments are downloaded automatically when a message is pinned (normally you have to tap an attachment to download it).
1. To pin
an email message, open the email message and tap the pin icon, as shown
2. The pin icon will change to a solid icon, as shown here, to indicate the message is pinned to the device:
1. From the email messages panel, tap the field to access search.
typing in the Search field. The
list will update automatically as you type, as shown here:
3. Tap the email message to open it.
There are two ways to send an email message: You can forward or reply to an email message, or you can open an email message containing the email address of the contact you want to send a new email message to.
To forward or reply to an email message:
1. Open the email message that you want to forward or respond to.
2. Tap the
in the upper right corner to open the list of options, as shown here:
3. Select the option, fill in the email message, and click Send.
To send a new email message:
1. Open the email message containing the email address of the contact you want to send an email message to.
2. Tap the
email address of the contact, as shown here:
3. Fill in the new email message and click Send.
● If the project has its own email address, the address is added to the CC field in messages that are replied to or forwarded.
● Tap and hold downloaded attachments to open a list of options.
● Pull down the project or email message panels to refresh the information.
● To pin (or
unpin) multiple email messages, tap Edit,
as shown here, select the email messages, then tap Pin
at the bottom of the panel, as shown below.
● The search feature searches the Newforma Project Center Server.
Refer to Common Questions.
If you cannot find the information you need in this Help system, use the following links for more information:
● Click https://customercommunity.newforma.com/ to access the Newforma Customer Community.
● Click here to access Newforma video tutorials.
● For technical questions or problems, please contact Newforma Customer Support or go the Contact Support section of the Customer Community.
Table of Contents