Get Started with Mobile Apps
This topic contains the following procedures:
When you first launch a mobile app, create a Newforma ID from the login screen. The Newforma ID is used to logon to the mobile apps, Info Exchange, or Newforma Project Cloud.
1. If you are not already there, go to the App Store from your iPad or iPhone and search for Newforma to find the mobile apps that are available for iOS devices.
The installation process is the same for all the Newforma mobile apps in the Apple App Store.
2. Tap the desired app to view the details, tap Free, then tap Install App to download and install the app.
3. If prompted, provide your Apple ID password.
4. Once the installation is complete, tap the app shortcut to open the mobile app.
Perform the following steps from your Android device to install a Newforma mobile app:
1. If you are not already there, go to the Google Play Store from your tablet or smartphone and search for Newforma to find the mobile apps available for your device.
The installation process is the same for all the Newforma mobile apps in the Google Play Store.
2. Tap the desired app to view the details, then tap Install to download and install the app. When prompted, tap Accept & Download to continue the installation.
3. Once the installation is complete, tap the app shortcut to open the mobile app.
Follow these steps to create a Newforma ID from a mobile app:
1. On the logon page of the mobile app, tap Create a Newforma ID.
2. In the Welcome dialog box, shown here, enter your email address, first name, and last name in the corresponding fields. Tap Create, then tap Continue to create the Newforma ID. A notification dialog box confirms the account was created and an email containing your password is sent to the email address you provided. Tap OK to close the dialog box.
3. Login to the mobile app using your email address and the Newforma ID password provided by Newforma.
Project Center users are prompted to provide their domain login information on the first launch of the mobile app.
1. To get started, launch the mobile app and log into it using your Newforma ID.
2. Tap Connect to Projects to add projects to the mobile app.
Free accounts can only use one project at a time. Upgrade or remove the project to add more projects.
Tap Upgrade to acquire unlimited project usage in all the mobile apps for one year.
For mobile apps used on the iPhone, tap to add a project, as shown here in the Newforma Project Teams:
Tap Choose a Project to add a project in a mobile app on an Android tablet, as shown here in Newforma Field Notes:
projects. On Android devices, tap to open
the search field, then enter the project name or company to locate the
item and hit Return on the keyboard
to search. On iOS devices, use the Find
Projects by Company dialog box,
shown here. Enter the name of the company hosting the projects on Info
Exchange on which you are a member of the project team. Tap
the company in the Search Results.
4. When prompted to logon, enter your Info Exchange credentials, then tap Connect. This step links your Newforma ID to your Info Exchange account for this company.
If you work with other projects and companies on different Info Exchange sites, you will be prompted to provide your credentials for your other Info Exchange accounts at the time you add the project.
5. If desired, tap OK to accept the prompt to use your current location.
You can add more projects to your mobile app at any time.
If the company you are searching for is not in the list, notify your contact at the company that is hosting the project on their Info Exchange website. Ask them to alert their Newforma Project Center administrator about the problem. Common causes of this issue:
● The incorrect version of Newforma is installed. The mobile apps work with Newforma Tenth edition and up.
● Ensure a license file for Newforma Eleventh edition that enables Newforma ID is installed. For more information, refer to the Configure Cloud Delivery on Info Exchange.
Table of Contents
Search (English only)